1. Contact an artist whose work you love.
2. If you haven't yet bought any of his/her work, do so.
3. Establish a nice relationship with the artist.
4. When you get inspired, ask the artist to paint something for you.
5. Give the artist a very brief, yet complete idea of what you have in mind.
6. Agree on a price.
7. Let the artist get inspired and create your painting.
8. Do NOT get involved in the creative process. Otherwise, create something yourself.
9. Upon seeing the finished product, thank the artist for this wonderful thing.
10. If you don't like the painting, cherish it anyway. It's an original and it's yours alone. I have some paintings that I’m no longer crazy about, but you don’t hear me crying. Life.